10715 Calico Creek Rd
, MO 63030
Washington County Missouri Land iAuction – Broken Halo Ranch
Open House Saturday, August 13th 10AM to 12PM and Sunday August 28th 10AM to 4PM.
Bidding ends Wednesday, September 07, 2022.
Located in the rolling hills of Washington County, MO lies 185.69 surveyed acres known locally as Dr. Letcher’s farm. Broken Halo Ranch has performed a complete rehab on the farmhouse and it is now a beautiful custom home. This is a must-see property!
This farm is being offered at iAuction as 5 separate tracts. The possibilities for this property are endless - recreation, livestock, hay, farming, hunting, or business opportunities such as a wedding venue. The sky is the limit and there are no planning and zoning restrictions in Washington County to prevent you from doing what you want with the property. Let’s break it down by each parcel and you can decide which tract you want, or you can buy them all!
Tract 1: 14.03 surveyed acres fronting Calico Road with its own entrance for ingress/egress. It is 100% pasture and would also make a great site for your custom home.
Tract 2: 14.0 surveyed acres fronting Calico Road with its own entrance for ingress/egress. It is 99% pasture and would also make a great site for your custom home.
Tract 3: 65.37 surveyed acres fronting Calico Road with its own entrance for ingress/egress. It also has access via the private drive and a spring that flows year-round at approximately 17 gallons per minute! The spring, the spring house appear to have originated with the farm. There is a concrete retention basin, and overflow pool appear that was previously used to raise trout. This tract also has electric, a well, and septic at the old homestead. Condition of well and septic are unknown currently. This tract consists of 24± acres of timber and 42± acres of pasture. There are multiple homesite possibilities and endless opportunities for use when you consider the spring, a separate well, and electric.
Tract 4: Beautifully renovated farmhouse with 5-bedrooms and 4 full baths on 11.38 surveyed acres. This home offers the traditional feel of a farmhouse with modern amenities and finishes. The recent renovation was extensive with great attention to detail. The bedrooms and multiple seating areas provide room for quiet and rest while other areas of the spacious home allow for hosting family and friends. The kitchen and dining room open to the deck and the double patio doors provide great traffic flow for entertaining on a large scale. Additional outdoor entertaining areas include the front porch and basement garden while the surrounding 11± acres offer ample room to play and explore. For more information on the home renovation, please refer to the supplement titled “Home Updates” located in the Property Resources section below.
Other features of this tract are the 100’ x 32’ barn with a fully enclosed 11’ lean-to that runs the entire length of the barn. The barn is perfect for livestock or could be converted to stables for horses. There is a detached 2-car garage with a workshop. Access to this tract is via the private drive off Calico Road. Cattle working equipment is not included in the sale.
Tract 5: 80.81 surveyed acres including 28± acres of pasture and the balance in timber. Calico Creek runs through this parcel and the seller has never seen it run dry. This creek did not freeze during the record run of low temperatures in February 2021! This tract is a dream for livestock production, hunting, horseback riding, a homestead, you name it. The creek also provides entertainment for the kids and a year-round water source for deer and other wildlife. There is an Ameren power line that goes through this parcel which should make for easy access to electric if you decide to build on this tract.
For more information call or text Phil Brown (314) 753-7444 and Jake Brown (314) 602-1116.
Additional Features and Benefits of Broken Halo Ranch:
- Location! This property is 1-hour from St. Louis County, 21 minutes from Potosi, and 22 minutes from De Soto, MO
- Close proximity to anything you need but the freedom to do what you want in Washington County.
- Nearby attractions include Washington State Park (8 minutes), Elephant Rocks State Park (45 minutes), Fourche Valley Golf Course (31 minutes), Top Gun Sportsman’s Club (14 minutes), LaChance Winery (23 minutes), Wild Sun Winery and Brewery (34 minutes)
- The Owner of Broken Halo Ranch is willing to entertain a Property Management position for the new owner.
- Excellent fencing throughout property
- Property produced 300 5’x5’ round bales this year
- Trails throughout property for horseback riding or ATV’s
- Deer, turkey, rabbit, squirrel, dove, mushroom hunting
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, September 07, 2022, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes on each tract.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before Thursday, September 08, 2022 (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- BIDDING: Once submitted, a bid cannot be retracted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00PM., Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2022 real estate taxes will be paid for by the seller.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As Is, Where Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.