901 West Grand Ave.
, IL 62918
Under contract prior to auction!
After 52 years in the golf industry I have decided to retire and move to Florida. At the end of the year I will be selling the Crab Orchard Golf Club, residential lots, 4-bedroom home, and my condo at Internet-only Auction. Seller: Steve Heckel
ATTENTION: All interested parties please call or text Jason Wallingford at (314) 882-6971. Crab Orchard Golf Club was opened for play in 1959. Since that time, it has been one of the busiest courses in southern Illinois. Year after year it is voted the people’s choice for places to play. The course is fun if the correct tees are played depending on one’s skill level. It is a very good test of golf from the championship tees. One of the things that make this property so attractive is its location. The course encompasses 145± acres and is located 8 miles from Marion and 6 miles from Carbondale in Williamson county. The course is in Carterville next to John Logan College. Carterville has one of the best school systems in the state and it is truly the best place to locate.
A huge drawing card for the area and course is going to be the casino and water park at Walkers Bluff. This complex is in the process of being built and is less than 5 miles from the course. Included in the course property is a clubhouse that contains a restaurant and pro shop. We also have a teaching and club fitting center on our driving range along with a nice pavilion to accommodate outings. The property also contains a condo and a large home.
The maintenance area has 3 large buildings for storage and headquarters in our work area. The Heckel family has owned and operated the course for more than 50 years. The current owner and director of golf has been in the business for 52 years and plans on retiring at the end of the year.
Subject to Prior Sale.
iAuction Terms & Conditions
- PROCEDURE: Bidding ends Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at 10:00 AM, with a soft close, meaning that a bid in the final minute will extend bidding by 5 minutes. All bids placed are by the Lump Sum.
- BUYERS PREMIUM: 5% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid price to arrive at the contract sales price.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Winning bidder(s) will enter into a Contract to Purchase immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction, the winning bidder will be forwarded via email a Contract to Purchase. Trophy Properties and Auction must receive a signed copy of the contract on or before 12:00 NOON, Thursday, October 29, 2020 (hand-delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Once accepted, this agreement shall be binding on the parties and their successors and assigns. This agreement is NOT subject to financing, inspections, or other contingencies or delays the closing for such reason.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% of the contract purchase price will be due upon acceptance of the Sales Contract. Business or Personal Checks or Wire Transfer are accepted.
- CLOSING: Closing shall be on or before 3:00 PM., Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
- POSSESSION: Possession will be given at closing, subject to the remaining rights of the current tenant if any.
- TITLE: Seller shall furnish the buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price, and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the buyer(s).
- SURVEY: AT SELLERS OPTION, the Seller shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description to convey title.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: The 2019 and 2020 Real Estate taxes to be paid by the Seller.
- Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Trophy Properties and Auction, or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction.
- The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines are drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to this property. Both real estate (including all improvements, if any) is being sold As-Is, Where-Is with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding.